ale wrote:[...] Now the question about upgrading...
1. Backup your CintaNotes settings and database to a safe, backup folder. This is not strictly needed but we want to be safe. With backup I mean make a copy, so we leave the files in the original location, but we also have a copy in a safe place.
2. Make sure CintaNotes is *not* running, so if it's running exit it.
3. Download and unzip the new portable CintaNotes version to a temporary folder.
4. Replace, that is, copy from the temporary folder and overwrite the existing files/folders in the actual location you're using:
4.b The lang folder and its content
4.c The help folder and its content (not strictly needed in practice)
4.d The readme.txt file (non strictly needed in practice)
5. Done. Now the next time you start CintaNotes, on this first run of the new cintanotes.exe version, the existing cintanotes.settings file will be reused and the new parameters will be inserted automatically in it.
[Original post: http://cintanotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3740#p3740]