stateful shortcuts

Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

stateful shortcuts

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:05 am

Example:

  • create a new note
  • press arrow-down // set caret to notes text
  • press Ctrl+U
  • write "Hello CintaNotes"
  • press Home
  • press Enter
  • press Enter
  • press arrow-up
  • press arrow-up
  • write "title"
  • press Enter
  • press Ctrl+U
  • press Enter
  • press Ctrl+L
  • write some text

The text still is underlined. The format state is not in sync with format of existing text.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4708
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:10 am

I confirm, Thomas, thanks!
Will be fixed in 2.8
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:02 pm

I confirm this is fixed with 2.8 beta 1. Thanks a lot!

Thomas
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Sorry, but there is still an issue with this. I have an existing note (not just a test-note) which still gives me an error. I press Enter in the middle of the text (which itself is underlined) to create space for new text. I write new text which gets underlined. I press Enter and Ctrl+U and write more text, which still gets the underlined format, but it should not.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4708
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:36 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Sorry, but there is still an issue with this. I have an existing note (not just a test-note) which still gives me an error. I press Enter in the middle of the text (which itself is underlined) to create space for new text. I write new text which gets underlined. I press Enter and Ctrl+U and write more text, which still gets the underlined format, but it should not.


Can't reproduce this I'm afraid. If it is only reproducible in an old note, then probably you could send me the note's xml?
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:14 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Can't reproduce this I'm afraid. If it is only reproducible in an old note, then probably you could send me the note's xml?

Sent via private mail.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4708
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:50 am

Got it, thanks. Reply is coming up.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi Alex,

this one just does not work right. Last time we discussed the issue, we came to the conclusion, that this problem would be related to "old" notes only. It is not! I have created a new note. The text has a heading with bold and underline format. The text below has no formatting. I set the caret to the top press ENTER twice. Write a new heading which also gets the bold + underline. That is fine. Now i press Enter, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U, press Enter and start writing text. This is also fine. If however i press Ctrl+L right before i start writing text, it will have the bold + underline format, which is wrong.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4708
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:31 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:this one just does not work right. Last time we discussed the issue, we came to the conclusion, that this problem would be related to "old" notes only. It is not! I have created a new note. The text has a heading with bold and underline format. The text below has no formatting. I set the caret to the top press ENTER twice. Write a new heading which also gets the bold + underline. That is fine. Now i press Enter, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U, press Enter and start writing text. This is also fine. If however i press Ctrl+L right before i start writing text, it will have the bold + underline format, which is wrong.


Thomas I do everything like you say, but I can't get bold+underline format..
Please check what I do and correct if necessary:
1) Create new note
2) Press Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U, write "Heading1", press Enter
3) Press Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U, write "plain text"
4) Save and close note
5) Reopen note
6) Place caret in the end of the "Heading1" line
7) Press Enter twice
8) Write a new heading "Heading2"
9) Press Enter, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U, Ctrl+L, start writing text
10) According to you, the text is bold or underline, but for me it's not (only the bullet is bold, but this is a known richedit bug).

Thanks!
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:01 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:this one just does not work right. Last time we discussed the issue, we came to the conclusion, that this problem would be related to "old" notes only. It is not! I have created a new note. The text has a heading with bold and underline format. The text below has no formatting. I set the caret to the top press ENTER twice. Write a new heading which also gets the bold + underline. That is fine. Now i press Enter, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U, press Enter and start writing text. This is also fine. If however i press Ctrl+L right before i start writing text, it will have the bold + underline format, which is wrong.
Thomas I do everything like you say, but I can't get bold+underline format..

I can not reproduce either :( I am aware of the fact, that the issue can affect new notes too. This is because of the internal state of the text. We had this discussion with MS Word too. It's hard to reproduce. I'll keep an eye on it and will try to provide a better example.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4708
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:07 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:I can not reproduce either :( I am aware of the fact, that the issue can affect new notes too. This is because of the internal state of the text. We had this discussion with MS Word too. It's hard to reproduce. I'll keep an eye on it and will try to provide a better example.

Ok, thanks.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:36 pm

I have come up with a simple reproducible example. This is at least one issue affecting stateful shortcuts.

Example:
  • create new note
  • set caret to first line of text
  • write a heading, for example "Heading"
  • press Ctrl+Shift+U
  • press Enter
  • press Ctrl+U
  • write any text

The text will be underlined, but it shouldn't.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4708
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:58 am

Yes, I can reproduce this, thanks Thomas!
Regsitered in the tracker and will be fixed soon.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:13 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Yes, I can reproduce this, thanks Thomas!
Regsitered in the tracker and will be fixed soon.

Maybe the issue is not as easy to fix, as it is reproducible. This is because the paragraph shortcuts don't take part on the stateful handling. After all the issue is caused by pressing ENTER which applies the current state to the next paragraph as well. Nevertheless, the example is a use-case that i actually use quite often.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4708
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: stateful shortcuts

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:17 pm

I don't think it will be difficult to fix, but tomorrow I will ask Denis who manages text formatting issues.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”